Saturday, August 28, 2010

So grateful...

Emmett is a really good baby.  Whenever I even think about complaining or getting frustrated at any time with him, I just have to remind myself how easy I really have it.  Emmett rarely cries.  He sleeps through the night (he didn't always, his 4th and 5th month were pretty rough at times, but still not as bad as it could have been).  He eats well (with only a few exceptions having to do with breastfeeding).  He has only been sick once in his life (if you don't count the pneumonia at birth).  It honestly makes me nervous when I think about planning our second baby.  There's no way I will be this lucky a second time.

I'm all alone with the baby tonight.  Chris is going to the Panthers game tonight with some work customers.  I'm jealous even though I'm not a Carolina fan.  Just to go to an NFL game at all, even preseason, would be something I've never done before and would LOVE to do.  So I'll be feeding, bathing, and putting Emmett to bed all by myself tonight, which I have rarely ever done.  I'm sure it will feel a little lonely, but we'll be ok.  Chris will be home sometime after midnight probably.

The coming of fall gives me mixed emotions.  I like when the weather starts to cool off.  I love Halloween.  But I know that winter is coming next, and that is a season I could do without.  I hate the cold.  I hate short days with too much darkness and not enough sunshine.  I hate that I will have to put warm clothes on the baby, including socks and maybe even shoes if he starts walking (which probably won't be long now).  I prefer now when I can just put a onesie on him and maybe a pair of shorts if we go somewhere, and he can go around barefoot.  I too like to go barefoot.  I wear flip flops about 9 months out of the year and my toenails are always painted.  But most of all I am not looking forward to November when my baby turns 1.  I am so bummed about him not being a baby anymore, and after 1 he won't be considered a baby much longer.  Of course I know he has to grow up, and I will be so proud to see him reach every new milestone in life.  But part of me will always cry for the sweet baby I held in my arms in the morning of his life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment