Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Summer Days


This is where you will find Emmett 90% of the time that he is awake.  Standing up, holding onto the coffee table or the ottoman.  He is fascinated with anything on the table, especially the lap top.  Anything that looks like a grown up toy.  He crawls all over the living room, and the kitchen too whenever I let him.  We finally had to put padding around the edge of the coffee table because he keeps bumping his head or his chin on it.  Now that he's mobile he is always getting little bumps and bruises and I have a feeling this is only the beginning. 

This morning Emmett slept til 7:00, which is pretty good.  He usually wakes up before then, and as a general rule if he wakes up before 7:00 he will nurse and go back to sleep for a little while, maybe until 8:00.  Last night he woke up around 2:30 and couldn't seem to get back to sleep.  I nursed him and rocked him back to sleep and actually enjoyed it since he almost always sleeps through the night now.  I almost miss getting up at night with him. 

It was cool enough this morning that we were able to go for a walk around the neighborhood.  I was still sweaty by the time we got back.  I like morning walks.  Its really peaceful and quiet in the neighborhood with most people gone to work.  We don't get to go for walks nearly as often now that its so hot.  All winter when E was little we walked any day that it was 40 degrees or higher.  He just slept so much better when he got some fresh air and sunlight.  Its weird to say "when E was little" like he's all grown up or something.  He's still little, just not little bitty newborn little.  I can't think about that without crying.

This afternoon we went to Target so I could check out some clearance sales.  I have some birthday money to spend and I always hoard it for way too long.  I found a few shirts and a pair of purple shorts that are just so me.  I wanted to find a new bathing suit, but I didn't see anything I liked.  I am really frustrated about that particular subject right now.  I am down 25 pounds from where I was prepregnancy.  I gained about 40 while pregnant, so that plus the 25 is a total of 65 pounds lost.  The only time I weighed less than this after high school was in college after my jaw surgery when my jaw was wired shut for 5 weeks and I was on a liquid only diet.  And still, my stomach is all flabby and stretchmarked from pregnancy so I still can't comfortably wear a bikini.  I was looking for a tankini.  I have one, but the top doesn't fit tight to my stomach so in the water it floats up.  I want to find one that has a more fitted top.


Moments like this one are few and far between now.  Emmett doesn't want to be held, he wants to be moving all the time.  I treasure these brief instances.

No comments:

Post a Comment