Wednesday, August 25, 2010

So this is going to be a quick update since Emmett is just starting to stir from his nap.  Lately he is waking up really early, like 5:00 but then going back to sleep after a while until maybe 6:30.  Then he plays around for a while in his crib and falls back asleep until almost 8:00.  He's been doing this all week and I'm really not sure what to do with him.  I guess I should keep letting him go back to sleep as long as he does, because he still takes his morning nap about the same time and sleeps just as long.  However, he has not taken a good afternoon nap yet this week.  So maybe he's getting too much sleep in the morning, or maybe enough sleep.  But afternoon naps less than an hour long are no good.  I can't get anything done.  So we'll see how this goes in the near future.  I may have to start getting him around 6:30 before he can go back to sleep.  Its also been dark and cloudy in the mornings which I think encourages him to sleep more.  It sure makes me want to sleep more.

I am going to need to start doing some tutoring again this fall in order for us to make ends meet.  I have put my ad up on craigslist and I've received a few emails.  We'll see if I can get enough clients.  Of course this tutoring hinges upon Emmett's afternoon nap.  I need him to sleep at least an hour in order for this to work, which is why I am concerned about the short naps he's been taking this week.  Now that he is mobile, I can't just stick him in his swing or his chair like I did during last school year and I can't chase him around while tutoring.  Hopefully this will work out.  Its the best way for me to make a little extra without having to give up any time with Emmett.

Well it sounds like he is really up now.  I can hear him standing up in his crib slapping his hands on the crib rail with glee.

No comments:

Post a Comment