Monday, February 28, 2011

Every night!

So my goal this week is to post every night.  Let's see what happens!

Today work was long.  We were really busy with calls.  And the weather was so nice, it was killing me to be sitting inside on the phone with stupid people.  And of course, as soon as I get home the weather turns bad.  It was really windy and started getting scary dark so I couldn't even take Emmett outside after his nap.  Bummer.

I am really unhappy with my appearance lately.  I want to cut my hair, and I mean get a significant amount cut off, but I'm afraid to.  Every time I try to get it cut I end up chickening out.  It doesn't help that the stylist always talks me out of it.  Everyone makes such a big deal about my "pretty long red curls" how could I possibly want to cut it?  I'm just tired of wearing it back in the same mom-friendly ponytail that I've been wearing it in since Emmett was born.  Maybe I will try donating it to Locks of Love so that I have to cut off a significant amount, that is if I have enough hair for that.  Besides my hair, I am not entirely happy with the extreme weight loss I've experienced since having Emmett.  I know, I know, I shouldn't complain, some people would give anything to lose weight.  But honestly, I didn't feel that I needed to lose weight.  I was happy being the curvy, voluptuous type.  I know I'm healthier at this weight, but I've lost a lot of weight in my chest, and I'm NOT happy about that.  And after breastfeeding they are losing the battle with gravity.  And its not like I'm too skinny by any means.  In fact, I still have too much extra weight around my stomach, and its even more apparent now that I've lost so much weight in other areas.  And the skin on my stomach hasn't really tightened up after being stretched out to the max, so that doesn't help.  I don't know why I'm suddently so upset about this considering I have never really had a very good self-image.  I have never viewed myself as attractive, I just strive to be acceptable at best.  I know a lot of women worry about losing their body after having a baby, and I always thought "Lucky me, I never had a good body to begin with so I don't have to worry about that!"  But here I am, worrying anyway.

See what happens when I post every day?  I have way too much time to rant about the small things rather than give an overview of the big picture.  So at the end of the week we will assess and decide if this goal has been a success or a failure for my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment