Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Unloading the dishwasher


Emmett loves helping me unload the dishwasher.  And by helping I mean pulling spoons out and chewing on them.  As seen here:


Everything he touches goes in his mouth.  Its frustrating sometimes, because there are so many more things we could let him play with if he just wouldn't chew on them.  All his toys have teeth marks.  This aspect of his personality helped us to choose his Halloween costume, which will be revealed later with pictures.  But you can probably already guess what it is.

Emmett took his first steps on Friday night!  It was so exciting!  We were loading the car to head to VA for the weekend.  Daddy was in the kitchen and Mommy was standing in front of the babygate leading to the kitchen.  Emmett was in the living room holding onto the coffee table.  When he saw me about to open the gate, he walked to the end of the coffee table and let go, took two steps, and fell down.  He wanted to get into the kitchen pretty bad.  I think I was more proud of that accomplishment than any other since he was born.  I was so proud!  He has taken a few steps since, but doesn't do it very often.  I'm sure he will be confidently walking by his birthday. 

I can't even begin to think about his birthday.  I'm just not ready to cope with it.  I'm gonna have to soon though in order to start making plans.  I'm giving myself until the first of November to be in denial.

4 comments:

  1. haha, that's funny! stephen loves to help unload the dishes too. he's gotten pretty good at handing us all the silverware so we can put it in the drawer, but occasionally he puts one in his mouth or on the floor, and it just goes right back in the dishwasher. now he's even starting to unload some of the smaller items from the bottom rack. the worst part is that he can open the dishwasher even when it's latched, and sometimes he tries to unload dirty stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIM, I think we buy the *exact* same hokies outfits for our kids. You commented on FB that Cass had on the same outfit Emmett has . . . and now it's my turn to do the same to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and now that I actually read the post (:-) ) -- Congrats on having a little walker--I can't wait for this exciting time to happen for us! You must be so, so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime - That's cute! At least Stephen is somewhat helpful. Emmett usually hinders more than he helps.

    Carly - I'm sure Cassy will be walking soon too. She seems to be really on top of the milestones just like Emmett has been. And that Hokies onesie was actually a gift, but that's funny that we end up with the same ones! Actually, the first outfit Cassy had on that Emmett has too was a gift from my parents. I don't think we have bought him any Hokie stuff ourselves.

    ReplyDelete