Sunday, October 17, 2010

Weekend Fun

So Emmett got over his cold pretty quick, but it seems it has relapsed or he has a another one.  Friday his nose started running, and this time so did mine.  So I'm not sure if this is a new cold or just continued symptoms of the other one.  It doesn't seem as bad this time, and the one I have is pretty weak.  He woke up twice Friday night and once last night.  I'm hoping he sleeps through the night tonight.  He is also cutting a second molar, so I'm not sure if some of these symptoms are just from teething.  Either way, its not as bad this time.

We took Emmett to the pumpkin patch on Saturday.  We let him crawl around among the pumpkins and got some really good pictures.  He had a great time!  He stood up while holding onto the bigger pumpkins.  And of course he tried to eat some grass.  Everything Emmett touches goes directly into his mouth.  We didn't end up getting a pumpkin because at this point Emmett can't carve it or even draw on it, so we'll do that next year.  I will post some of the pictures later on. 

On a related note we still don't have a Halloween costume for Emmett.  I want to find something sort of original, but nothing comes to mind or stands out.  We'll probably just end up buying some kind of animal costume from Babies R Us unless I can think of something better.

This weekend we are going to my parents' house in Virginia.  We have tickets to the Virginia Tech vs. Duke game on Saturday and my parents are just an hour from Blacksburg.  Emmett is going to stay home with my mom.  I would like to take him to a game, but right now he would hate it because he doesn't like to be held for very long.  He would want to get down and crawl around and not sit on our laps, so he would be miserable.  We will be gone most of the day for the game, and that will be the longest that I have ever been away from Emmett.  I will have to get some breastmilk out of the freezer for him to drink while I'm gone.  I have rarely been away from him long enough that he has even needed a bottle.  I don't make as much milk as I used to, so hopefully I won't have any issues with getting too full during the game.  Its not like I can go pump or anything anyway, so I'll have to deal with it, whatever happens.  Hopefully he will go down for his naps ok for my mom.  Oh well, its just one day.  And he'll be fine because he loves Grandma.

As Emmett gets closer to walking and the weather gets colder we have been looking at getting him some shoes.  I was also told by a random stranger in the playplace at the mall that sometimes they start walking once they get shoes because it gives them foot and ankle support.  So we went to Stride Rite at the mall and got him sized.  He is a 4 and a half wide.  We tried a pair of really cute shoes on him and got him to take a few steps holding our hands.  I'm not sure I want to spend that much on a pair of shoes that he will grow out of so fast, but they really seemed to fit his feet well and didn't seem bulky like a lot of shoes can be.  I might have to fork over the money for them since they might make learning to walk easier for him.  And they will last him a while because they are made to fit sizes 3-6, so he will have room to grow into them.  Yeah, I'm thinking they will be worth the money.

And another weekend comes to a close.  Sunday nights always make me feel sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment