Friday, June 3, 2011

Memorial Day Weekend Beach Trip


This is the best picture of the three of us out on the beach in Oak Island, NC.  We are so spoiled because Chris's grandparents live at the beach and we can go anytime we want, its just a 4 hour drive.  We had a great time.  Emmett loved the beach this year.  Last year he was only 6 months and he mostly sat under the umbrella on a blanket.  He was just sitting up on his own then and I was too afraid to let him get sand all over him or get "dirty seawater" on him.  It took me about the first year to get over that kind of stuff.  This year he ran all over the beach and through the water.  He got covered in sand and had a blast.  At first he wasn't very good at walking through the waves, he kept losing his balance and falling down.  He was like a little drunk baby.  But on the second day he got better at it and by the third day on the beach he was a pro.  He ran through the waves without any hesitation.  He ran up and down the beach stopping to say hi to everyone we passed.  Here are some more pictures of him on the beach.


Yes, I am actually posting pictures of me in a bathing suit on the internet.  I am finally satisfied with my current weight, even though I am still Whitey McWhiterson.  Can't help that.  Nothing is more hideous than a redhead with a fake tan.  Emmett mastered the skill of drinking from a water bottle.  He refused to drink water from his sippy cup all weekend.  Chris and I drank plenty of Bud Light Lime.


Here he is drinking from his own water bottle.  He seemed to be less likely to drop it in the sand if we put a coozy on it.


Here he is sitting in the water watching his sand toys float all around him.



Building a sand castle with Pawpaw.



Running on the beach.  He was full speed the whole time.



Here is all three of our footprints.  Chris is on the left, Emmett is obviously in the middle, and mine is on the right.  I know, my footprint is the same size as Chris's.  He has small feet for a guy and I have big feet for a girl (only size 9, nothing crazy though).  Emmett's little footprints in the sand were just too cute so I wanted to take this picture with all of ours.

The weekend was over way too fast.  Not sure when we're going back, but I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment