Friday, June 17, 2011

word of the week

Emmett's word of the week is "t-ck."  What's he saying?  I'll give you a hint: it has wheels and is often used to haul things.  That's right, truck.  He is becoming obsessed with vehicles of all kinds.  What a typical boy, right?  He knows the word "car" too, but has trouble distinguishing between cars and trucks sometimes.  Anything with wheels right now is a "t-ck", including the trains at Barnes and Noble today.  Whenever a vehicle goes by the house, he stops everything and runs to the window and says, "t-ck" and I say, "yes, truck" hoping that he will eventually get the middle of the word too.  But I'm actually excited that he at least has both the beginning and ending sound of the word, because he leaves the ends off of most words right now.  I just wanted to share this, because I think its cute.  This is the first time he's shown a major interest in anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment