Thursday, March 31, 2011

This weather is killing me

It has been so cold and gloomy lately, its depressing.  I can't wait for some actual spring-like weather.  Emmett wants to go outside so bad.  He keeps grabbing my hand and leading me over to the door.  But I just can't bring myself to take him out in the cold.  He just got over a series of colds that ended in a nasty cough.  He hasn't been coughing at all the last few days and I'm afraid the cold air will get him started again.  Its supposed to be in the 60s this weekend, so we'll probably go to the park at some point.

So now that my metabolism has slowed down since I'm barely breastfeeding anymore, I've gained a couple of pounds back.  And I know I said that I missed being a litte more curvy, but even so, I find myself getting antsy about gaining weight back.  I really don't want to be at the weight I was before I got pregnant with Emmett.  And I am close to being ready to start trying for baby number two, and its really important to me that I start this pregnancy at a more healthy weight and I plan to work really hard at not gaining as much weight next time.  So I'm really trying to watch what I eat, especially trying to give up the little snacks that I was used to eating during the day that I really no longer need. 

And as the weather gets better it will be easier to get out and take walks, which was one of the things that helped me lose the weight in the first place.  Emmett still likes riding in his stroller just as long as I let him get out and play outside when we get back to the house.  When he was a baby our daily walks were the only thing that kept me sane sometimes.  We walked many laps around our little neighborhood.  I even bundled him up when it was cold and we would take short walks, so long as the temperature was in the 40s or higher.  I miss being able to carry him in the snuggli front carrier.  He's so big now I'm sure I wouldn't even want to carry him on my back in one of those backpack carriers.  I miss the baby days sometimes, but I don't miss the sleepless nights.  I have to focus on the bad parts of the first year so that I don't miss it too much.  I love this stage too, but every stage has its good and bad parts.  Right now I love watching him learn and discover things.  But its frustrating how every time I sit down on the couch he grabs my hand and wants to pull me somewhere, almost always to the front door.  Its a good thing he sleeps through the night at this age, otherwise I wouldn't have the energy to keep up with him.

1 comment:

  1. I'm right there with you, trying to lose weight to prep for #2. Not entirely sure when that will happen, but at least I don't dread the thought anymore :-) I started using the 'my fitness pal' app on my phone, it helps a lot w/ food control, especially at restaurants.

    ReplyDelete