Friday, April 22, 2011

Easter Weekend

When I was a kid, Easter was one of my favorite holidays.  I loved finding my Easter basket, the candy, Easter egg hunts, coloring eggs, even getting dressed up for church.  I wasn't much of a fan of wearing dresses when I was a kid, but I loved shopping for my Easter dress every year. 

Its a little different now that I'm the parent instead of the kid.  But its just as fun getting Emmett's Easter basket ready.  This is his second Easter, but last year he was only 4 months old and couldn't really appreciate it.  This year he will be excited to see his basket and his toys.  I'm still not giving him any candy this year.  But I got him a really cute stuffed duck, a book, and a few other small toys.

Last year in his Easter basket Emmett got a book called "What is Easter?"  It talks about all the fun stuff I mentioned earlier like coloring eggs and getting dressed up and eating candy.  But then it explains the real reason that we celebrate Easter.  Every time I read it to him I get a little choaked up when I get to the part at the end that says "He wants to live inside you too and fill you up with love."  I hope that as he gets older he will understand what the book really means.

And of course I have already eaten entirely too many Reese's Peanut Butter Eggs.  They are my biggest weakness.  I've had a few Cadbury Creme Eggs too.  Those are the two kinds of Easter candy I can't do without.

1 comment:

  1. I demand starburst jelly beans in my easter basket. This year I got three baskets. Three baskets = three full bags of starburst jelly beans :-)

    ReplyDelete