Friday, December 2, 2011

Quick update...or maybe not so quick after all...

I am so not in the mood for blogging lately.  So this is going to be a quick update.

Thanksgiving was good.  Spent good quality time with family, both mine and the in-laws.  Emmett loved riding around in Pawpaw's golf cart.  He also loved riding in the trailer behind Grandpa's riding mower with his cousins, Philip and Gabe.  Those would be considered the highlights of his Thanksgiving I'm sure.  As usual, it went by too fast.

Emmett's 2nd birthday was this past Wednesday.  I will describe it in detail and include pictures soon.  He got to open his birthday presents from the extended family early during Thanksgiving visits.  He opened the ones from us on his actual birthday.  He got a track with a couple of battery powered trucks that drive around it.  The track has a bridge and can be rearranged in a million different ways.  He loves it.  We also got him a little electronic keyboard/piano and a wooden handcrafted helicopter.  This weekend we are planning to go and get him a couple of goldfish to complete his birthday presents.  We also took him for his first haircut.  He was absolutely terrified at first, but then he got over it and did very well the rest of the time.  He looks so handsome and grown up.  Pictures soon.  After his nap we took him to the mall and let him ride the train and play on the mall playground.  Then we went to Arby's and had a roast beef sandwich for dinner.  Emmett loves an Arby's roast beef sandwich with a crazy passion.  He doesn't care for chicken nuggets or hotdogs or burgers or any of the foods typical kids his age like.  He even ate his apple slices and yogurt pretty well.  His other favorite food is pizza.  At least that's more like a typical kid.

The other highlight of his birthday is that I finally found him new sneakers.  He needed a new pair in the worst way, and I have had the worst time trying to find him shoes that I like and he likes.  I wanted stride rites, but it seems that whenever we go in there, they are out of his size (8 wide) in every decent looking shoe.  I finally gave up waiting on any of the styles I liked, especially since his poor little toes were crammed up to the very tip top of his shoes.  She brought out anything they had in his size, and we finally settled on a pair that we all liked.  That was a big relief for me.

This weekend we will probably get a Christmas tree and start decorating.  Call me a grinch, but I don't really enjoy decorating for Christmas.  Its just another chore for me.  The only thing worse is taking it down after Christmas.  I never even got out my Halloween decorations this year because I just didn't feel like it.  But Christmas, you just can't skip that.  What I do look forward to is watching Emmett open his presents this year.  He did great with his birthday presents, and he gets it now.  The next morning after his birthday when I went in to get him out of his crib, the first thing he said to me was "Presents?"  Poor kid.  "No, sorry kiddo, not to today" I told him.  But lucky for him there will be presents again in just a few weeks.  He is starting to understand the concept of Santa too, so that should be fun.  Oh, we need to get out Elf on a Shelf and get started with that.  Ok, I am starting to get in the Christmas spirit.

Everytime I say I don't feel like blogging, I start typing and suddenly I've gone on and on.  But I'm really done now.  I will be posting pictures soon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment