Friday, September 30, 2011

Like sand through the hour glass...

Since my last post things have gone back to normal.  Emmett has part of 3 of his molars showing, but one still hasn't come through.  So I'm sure we're not out of the woods yet, but for right now things are fine.  He's sleeping great again and eating well.  Still not a fan of vegetables, but we're working on that. 

His vocabulary is really growing.  He uses some two-word phrases on his own and will repeat some three-word phrases.  We can get him to say "I love you" one word at a time.  And lately when we tell him to say "I" he immediately says "love" because he knows that comes next.  He gives out kisses like candy on Halloween.  He will say "kiss" and then either pull you down to his level or climb up on the couch to kiss you.  Its really cute.  He can say "truck" now instead of just "t-ck" so even the words he used to have trouble pronouncing he is starting to get right.  I can't believe he's going to be 2 in November.  Its coming up so fast.  Lately it seems that each month is gone before it even began.  My life is flying by in the blink of an eye, and I would give anything to slow it down.  I'm doing my best to live in the moment, every moment of every day.

As much as I don't want to admit it, Emmett is going to need a haircut soon.  It took him so long to get enough hair to need one, I thought this day would never come.  The hair around his ears is getting long, the back is getting long down his neck, and the front will be in his eyes soon.  We are going to try and wait until he turns two, but we'll see.  I just feel like once he gets that first haircut he won't be a baby anymore, he'll look like a little boy.  I'm just not ready for him to be a little boy.

(This post is being cut off here due to circumstances I will explain in a later post.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment