Tuesday, September 13, 2011

like old times

Emmett is teething again I think.  He was fussy yesterday during his nap and he seemed out of sorts all day.  Then last night he was fussy at bedtime, but went to sleep quickly.  However, he woke up crying 3 different times between 10:00 PM and 2:00 AM and wasn't able to calm down, so I had to go in and get him and rock him.  He was really restless even as I was rocking him and each time I layed him down he wasn't completely asleep.  But I guess rocking him calmed him down enough that he was able to get back to sleep on his own.  I gave him tylenol before bed last night, in case it was his teeth bothering him.  Then he cried hard enough that his nose got all snotty and stuffy and I thought maybe he was getting a cold.  But then this morning he slept in until about 8:30 and seemed to be fine.  He still hasn't eaten very well yesterday or today, and he has been a little lethargic compared to his usual self.  We're pretty sure its his teeth because it seems to bother him worse at bedtime.  Tonight he was fussy through his bath and getting ready for bed, but then went to sleep fast and peacefully.  So far so good, he has stayed asleep without crying.  So lets hope for a better night.  Last night felt like a blast from the past.  I've gotten so used to him sleeping through the night and it was literally a rude awakening to hear him crying through the monitor.  I easily fell into the same old routine, sit up, switch off the monitor, put my glasses on, and go to the bathroom because there's nothing worse than sitting down to rock him at night and realizing that I have to pee.  It made me miss nursing him, just a little bit.  Believe it or not I still have just a little bit of milk.  I wonder what he would do if I offered it to him after 4 months of not nursing, heh.  Well I just hope we have a better night tonight, for his sake more than mine.  I just feel so bad for him when I can tell he's not feeling well.  And especially when he's hurting enough that he cries.  I wish he could tell me what's bothering him so I would know for sure.  And I sure hope his appetite comes back.  My child always eats, so to see him refuse food is just odd.  Poor baby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment