Wednesday, September 22, 2010

I strive to be worthy

I've been trying to find places to take Emmett where he can play other than at our house.  I can tell when he's starting to get bored because he gets a little fussy for no other apparent reason.  Its still too hot for him to play outside, plus he isn't walking yet so that really limits him as far as outdoor activities are concerned.  I can push him in the stroller, which he enjoys to an extent, but he quickly gets tired of sitting.  This kid is really active.  I took him to the indoor playground at Chick-fil-A today to see if there was anything he could do.  Really there wasn't much, and the floor was made of this rubbery stuff that was actually kinda rough for him to crawl on.  Plus its a small enclosed area and there were a lot of kids running around and screaming.  Poor Emmett gets a little freaked out when other kids are being loud.  Every time one of them would scream he would jump.  So he will need to be a bit older before we can go back there.  I wish we had a Discovery Zone or someplace like that with an area just for babies.  I'm not sure those even exist anymore.  In the mean time I will continue looking for baby-friendly activities around here.

We let Emmett climb the stairs on Monday night.  He went all the way up, one step at a time.  I was in front of him calling him up and Chris was behind him ready to catch him if need be.  He was so proud of himself!  So were we of course.  And I realized after the fact that I should have been taking pictures and video.  I never remember to do that when he does something for the first time.  I will the next time.

Its coming to the point where I am probably going to need to get a part-time job.  I say this every month and then somehow we always end up just barely making it.  If we can just make it until his first birthday, after which he will be gradually weaned from breastfeeding, it will be a lot easier for me to work.  I would love to find something I could do at home on my own time while he's napping and in the evenings, but nothing like that seems to exist.  I don't even need a lot of additional income, just a little bit to give us some wiggle room.  I have received no inquiries about tutoring yet this school year, so that is disappointing.  Maybe after the first report cards go out I will get some business.  I try not to worry about money and just enjoy the time that I have with him now.

On that note, I just love the way Emmett's whole face lights up when I walk into his room in the morning.  The look of love and happiness on his face gets me choaked up every time.  Every day I strive to be worthy of that kind of adoration.

No comments:

Post a Comment