Thursday, August 25, 2011

To blog or not to blog?

I guess I choose to blog.

Not much going on today.  Thursday is usually laundry day.  I wash about 3 loads of clothes today, and tomorrow I do just one load with our sheets and towels.  We played outside for a little while this morning before it got too hot.  Emmett managed not to scrape his knees on the cement at all, surprisingly.  He gets a scraped knee about every other day it seems.  The kid just doesn't like to play in the grass.  He likes to run up and down the driveway and back and forth on the sidewalk in front of the house.  I'm about to buy him knee pads, if I can find any small enough for him.  He likes to push his little plastic lawn mower down the sidewalk.  We are thinking of getting him something that pedals, like a tricycle or something.  I'm not sure he's ready for it yet, but it may be worth a try.  Too bad by the time his birthday rolls around it will be cold.  We'll have to get it as a "just because" present.  I'm thinking of trying to find a used one at a consignment sale maybe.

I filled up his baby pool for this afternoon.  Its been out in the sun for a few hours now, so hopefully the water has had a chance to warm up.  Emmett doesn't like cold water.  When he gets up from his nap we'll check it out.  This might be one of our last chances to use the baby pool.  The evenings are already starting to get cooler.  I'm kind of excited a the prospect of fall this year.  I'm ready for cooler temperatures, and pretty leaves, and Halloween.  But fall is always just a little bittersweet for me because I know winter is coming, the only season I hate.  Luckily I live in a southern state where winter doesn't last very long.  If I had stayed in Erie, PA where I was born, I would probably have killed myself on a dark winter day under 4 feet of snow.  Of course I'm exagerating (about killing myself, not the snow, 4 feet of snow is normal up there) but I do know that Dad's job transfer to Virginia when I was 11 was a blessing in disguise.

So here's to the bittersweet end of summer...I will be celebrating with my feet in a baby pool and a Bud Light Lime in a VT coozy.   


No comments:

Post a Comment